Expertise & Skills
Adobe CC18 Suite 90%
HTML5 & CSS3 85%
Print & Collateral 90%
Project & Brand Management 90%
Remote Collaboration 95%
Responsive Design 85%
Videography & Video Production 70%
- 2001 to present
• Train clients in use of Adobe applications.
• Develop style guides.
• Guide clients to brand solutions through effective visual design.
• Create responsive websites and WordPress websites.
• Build Powerpoint and Keynote presentations.
• Design print and digital logos, ads, catalogs and programs.
• Create ads for print and web and coordinate direct mail/email campaigns.
• Design marketing proposals.
• Current clients include Showhomes.com, The Hinesburg Record, Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame, Koenig & Bauer, Bristol Bakery and Cafe, Omni Fabrication, Richmond Family Medicine, Farmhouse Center, Event Moguls and Williston Central School.
- 2001 to present
President, Designer, Writer, Photographer
• Expanded a 20-page print-only local non-profit monthly newspaper focused exclusively on municipal meeting notes into a 28-page full-color print and digital monthly focussing on community-building and featuring relevant stories, photos, news and ads.
• Reduced production schedule by 30% and printing costs by 20%.
- 2000 to 2017
Web Design & Production Specialist, Senior Graphic Designer
• Designed, developed and published landing pages for both commerce and content.
• Optimized and tested print and web components for optimal UX and CX.
• Designed catalogs, fliers, signage, packaging and managed pre-press production and printing.
• Tripled number of web videos produced.
• Managed and optimized 3,000+ images and 750+ web ads per year.
• Designed and optimized emails, doubling capacity.
• Directed, and produced parody of Taylor Swift’s “Shake it off!” resulting in 17k Facebook posts.
• Quadrupled productivity of product page builds via shared google sheets and XML imports.
• Created a process to build, change, automate, and track 250+ product ads.
• Automated SEO-boosting text-tagging of image assets on product pages.
MA, Advertising & Design Syracuse University, Syracuse NYCompleted all coursework
BA, Studio Art Wesleyan University CTMinor; Economics
Rachel Lapidow, Freelance Copy Editor
“Kevin has been the driving force behind the The Hinesburg Record and his passion for the paper, as well as for other projects, is clearly evident. He is a great communicator and fun to work with. He is amazingly quick and always gets me what I need to complete a job on time. All of the above, plus his positive energy, make him a pleasure to work with.”
Henry Huston, Principal at Akoua Consulting, LLC
“On every team, on every project there’s that one person who serves to knit all of the interests and opinions into real tangible progress. Kevin is that guy. He leads from the middle with excellent listening, problem solving and a craftsman like pride in providing consistent high caliber results.
“For him “UX” isn’t a category, but really his “true north” when turning multiple expectations and viewpoints into cohesive solutions that all stakeholders can feel some pride of ownership. He prototypes the team’s ideas quickly and tactfully showing, not telling them each step to a better final product.”
Paul Evans, Managing Partner / Lead Project Developer at Adaptive Energy
“Kevin combines a unique mix of creativity and efficiency, expresses himself with a quiet authority, and would be a great asset to any organization. Kevin is able to quickly find solutions and implement them with a professional skill set that is both wide and deep. He is calm under pressure, works extremely well with others, and dedicates himself fully to the goal(s) at hand. Kevin gets things done!”