Hello, I am Kevin Lewis
Digital and Print Designer
Whether it’s the production of business cards, creating multi-media or a total site re-design, my passion is to make your enterprise shine. The measure of my success is how much more than “just happy” you are with my work, regardless of the nature of that work. Winning digital and print design starts with understanding your needs, and ends with exceeding your expectations. Along the way you allow me to work my unique skills and talents.
Understanding + Work = WOW!
Plus I have an enchanted fedora which allows the wearer unparalleled design abilities. My pet design dragons pitch in on occasion as well.
Seriously, one-color flyers, full-color annual reports, multi-media presentations, animations, video, web ads, complete websites, data analysis, logos, signage, brand development – I enjoy creating all of these, and more, with or without dragons.
More importantly, I work with you and your budget to figure out the best use of your marketing and design dollars, and to produce the results you desire.
My technical “A-game” employs Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, PowerPoint, HTML5, CSS3 . . . and the sorting of mail! Which is to say, while I love new technology, I excel at getting down-n-dirty if that’s what it takes to get the job done.
My clients include Burlington HC Researh Group, New Directions Studio, Williston Central School, Emily Gould, Esq., The Hinesburg Record, Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame, Bristol Bakery and Cafe, Omni Fabrications, Richmond Family Medicine, Farmhouse Center, National Life Credit Union and the Stern Center.
“19 Good, Bad & Ugly Logos” is an article I found recently that may be of interest. Enjoy!
Address89 Lake Street, Hinesburg VT 05461
Expertise & Skills
Adobe CC18 Suite, esp. Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign 95%
HTML5 & CSS3 90%
Multimedia & Motion Graphics 90%
Print & Collateral 95%
Project & Brand Management 90%
Responsive Design, UX & CX 85%
Typography & Layout 95%
Videography & Video Production 70%
- 2001 to present
• Train clients in use of Adobe applications.
• Develop style guides.
• Guide clients to brand solutions through effective visual design.
• Create responsive websites and WordPress websites.
• Build Powerpoint and multimedia presentations.
• Design print and digital logos, ads, catalogs and programs.
• Create ads for print and web and coordinate direct mail/email campaigns.
• Design marketing proposals.
• Clients include Showhomes, Burlington HC Researh Group, New Directions Studio, Williston Central School, Emily Gould, Esq., The Hinesburg Record, Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame, Parkside Cafe, Omni Fabrications, Richmond Family Medicine, Farmhouse Center, and the Stern Center.
- 2001 to present
President, Designer, Writer, Photographer
• Expanded a 20-page print-only local non-profit monthly newspaper focused exclusively on municipal meeting notes into a 28-page full-color print and digital monthly focussing on community-building and featuring relevant stories, photos, news and ads.
• Reduced production schedule by 30% and printing costs by 20%.
- 2000 to 2017
Web Design & Production Specialist, Senior Graphic Designer
• Designed, developed and published landing pages for both commerce and content.
• Optimized and tested print and web components for optimal UX and CX.
• Designed catalogs, fliers, signage, packaging and managed pre-press production and printing.
• Tripled number of web videos produced.
• Managed and optimized 3,000+ images and 750+ web ads per year.
• Designed and optimized emails, doubling capacity.
• Directed, and produced parody of Taylor Swift’s “Shake it off!” resulting in 17k Facebook posts.
• Quadrupled productivity of product page builds via shared google sheets and XML imports.
• Created a process to build, change, automate, and track 250+ product ads.
• Automated SEO-boosting text-tagging of image assets on product pages.
MA, Advertising & Design Syracuse University, Syracuse NYCompleted all coursework
BA, Studio Art Wesleyan University CTMinor; Economics
Rachel Lapidow, Freelance Copy Editor
“Kevin has been the driving force behind the The Hinesburg Record and his passion for the paper, as well as for other projects, is clearly evident. He is a great communicator and fun to work with. He is amazingly quick and always gets me what I need to complete a job on time. All of the above, plus his positive energy, make him a pleasure to work with.”
Henry Huston, Principal at Akoua Consulting, LLC
“On every team, on every project there’s that one person who serves to knit all of the interests and opinions into real tangible progress. Kevin is that guy. He leads from the middle with excellent listening, problem solving and a craftsman like pride in providing consistent high caliber results.
“For him “UX” isn’t a category, but really his “true north” when turning multiple expectations and viewpoints into cohesive solutions that all stakeholders can feel some pride of ownership. He prototypes the team’s ideas quickly and tactfully showing, not telling them each step to a better final product.”
Paul Evans, Managing Partner / Lead Project Developer at Adaptive Energy
“Kevin combines a unique mix of creativity and efficiency, expresses himself with a quiet authority, and would be a great asset to any organization. Kevin is able to quickly find solutions and implement them with a professional skill set that is both wide and deep. He is calm under pressure, works extremely well with others, and dedicates himself fully to the goal(s) at hand. Kevin gets things done!”